It is a gruesome task to import cars to Australia. There are so many technical things involved in this entire procedure. The dealing is not done between two parties but it involves the government sector and organisations as well that monitor and regulates the entire procedure. Therefore, before getting a car from any part of the world it is very important to know which steps are involved in the import of cars to Australia. Following each of the essential steps can bring home great cars for you on one hand and quench your passion on the other hand. Before importing cars from UK to Australia it is important to know what to do and how to do.
- You cannot bring any car to Australia that is not eligible.it is very important to get the car that you are allowed to drive in your country. While applying for the vehicle make sure that which options can you explore. There are rules and regulations governing the various options of import. Make sure that you are well aware of all these and can choose the most appropriate option accordingly as well. The entire import process can take several days and sometimes months.it is important to keep in mind the time constraints. Financial matters must be kept in mind as well like the cost of the shipping, application and documentation rates, inspection costs and the cost of insurance as well. To protect from any legal implications complete all necessary documents that you might need to bring the card into your territory. Some cars require modifications as well, make sure that what kind of modifications your vehicle will need in the future.
- To ride an imported car needs the permission of the concerned government authorities. You cannot import a car provided you are permitted to do so. The application form is available online. Just fill and submit the said form to get the import permit from the required agency.
- After applying for the approval you will be receiving an email that would come with the proper permission from the Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities.
- After you get the approval, the time to prepare for the car shipping in Australia. The quarantine risk can be really challenging for those seeking vehicle import. The car must be thoroughly cleaned from inside out before it is shipped to the destination. Removal of the air-conditioning gas and asbestos is a must before the vehicle is shipped.
- Financial matters need to be settled carefully as well. Don’t ignore paying the customs duty, Goods and Services Tax and in case of the Luxury Car you are liable to pay additional luxury tax as well.
After getting the imported car make sure that get it registered. You cannot bring any vehicle on the road before you have acquired the proper registration to drive the vehicle.